Saturday, July 18, 2009

This is Not Jim and Pam.

I think I've blogged before about Dorm Life, the brilliant web series about college floormates. The first part of the season 2 finale went up on Monday, but because this is a web series, and not something airing on TV, I've delayed watching it until just now.

And when I finally did get around to it, I found that, though I'd been rooting for Mike and Brittany since the first episode, because they were another take on the Jim/Pam not-exactly-unrequited romance, I was THRILLED with the way Dorm Life took the cliché, a cliché I was more than happy to embrace, and flipped it on its end.



Am I disappointed that Mike and Brit are really "just friends"? Maybe. But it's nice to see a show do something different.

I'll be excited to see what goes down in the second part of the finale (surely something hilarious with Danny B. and Lacey) on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment